Omegle is a famous website among a certain age group. You may or may not have heard about it. “Omegle Talk to strangers”, the tagline itself is sufficient to get the idea what the site is for and also to make parents go cold with the mere thought of their child using it. Recently, Omegle has experienced a hike in users. The reason we assume is lockdown.
The pandemic has locked the people in their homes. The youth, as we know, is particularly impatient and grumpy about it. Omegle is one such platform which comes in with never-seen-before features, bringing along excitement and buzz for the same youth.
How does Omegle operate
Omegle is a platform where you can interact with strangers via chat or video call. In it, you are randomly connected with people from all over the world that are online at the time, irrespective of your age or gender preferences. Since there is simply no feature to filter those out.
When you visit the site, you’ll notice it is loaded with a lot of warnings for users asking not to disclose personal information to strangers or not using it if underage, and many more. However, there’s nothing stopping the child from giving away their information or from actually logging in and using it despite being a twelve-year-old.
How to refrain your child from using it
The frequent news of assault through Omegle has established the fact that the platform is nowhere near safe. People using Omegle have had fun experiences and interesting interactions as well, but you never know if the person you are talking to is actually who they claim to be, you never know when an obscene image will pop up on your screen, you never know when the tiniest of information you share about yourself will be misused against you. And as famously said, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Here are some tips that you can follow to protect your child from online sharks:
- We understand that you can’t always hover over your child, everybody needs their own space. However, you can gain their confidence by building trust.
- Make sure your child is open to you, make sure they are able to share if anything is troubling them.
- Monitor their online activities.
- Keep an eye on their behaviour and try to talk if you find anything suspicious.
- And last but not the least, educate them. Talk to them about the disadvantages of indulging in these dangerous activities.
Stay with EveDonus Films for latest updates.